This policy has certain requirements that shall be evaluated by the customer. It is very important to consider them in order to decide which insurance policy satisfies better the policyholder needs.
The aim of this policy is to provide cover for the reasonable fees of accredited treatments. This insurance is not planned to cover experimental or unproven treatments, but if such possibility occurs, we will discuss it with the policyholder specialist and decide if the cost of the suggested treatment will be covered.
For the full Policy exclusions please refer to your policy document. The following are some of the restrictions that apply to the policy, unless otherwise specified in Your Policy Schedule or Table of Benefits:
- We will not pay for pre-existing medical conditions that, however, will be covered after five years of continuous insurance with us, provided that during that period policyholder has not consulted any doctor for treatment or advice, or taken any medication (including drugs, medicines, special diets and injections) for that condition.
- We will only cover pre-existing cardiac or cancer conditions provided at the time when the condition reappears the beneficiary has been free from treatment, advice or medication for that condition during the previous ten years.
- We will not pay for fees charged for providing medical reports and prescriptions.
- We will not cover pregnancy or childbirth, other than for related complications arising at least ten months after the expectant mother contracted the policy. In the case of a caesarean section we will only pay the difference between the reasonable fee for the intervention, and the fee which would have been charged for a normal delivery.
- We do not cover contraception, sterilisation, termination of pregnancy, infertility and/or any form of assisted reproduction, and treatment of sexual problems. Treatments arising from or related to a sex change are excluded.
- The cost of vaccinations, routine or preventive medical examinations, medical screening including health check-ups, sight and hearing tests are excluded.
- Treatments received in health hydros, spas, nature cure clinics or in any similar establishments, even if they are registered as a hospital, are not included.
- We do not cover regular or long-term kidney dialysis or end stage renal failure.
- We do not pay for treatments caused by a deliberate self-inflicted injury or attempted suicide.
- Treatments given to relieve any allergic condition or disorder are excluded.
- We do not pay for treatments arising in any way from alcohol, drug or substance abuse.
Private, Commercial and Motorcycles
Levels of Cover:
- Third Party Only – liability to others.
- Third Party Fire & Theft – liability to others and loss of or damage to your vehicle caused by fire, self-ignition, lightning, explosion, theft or attempted theft.
- Comprehensive – liability to others and accidental loss of or damage to your vehicle.
All three levels of cover provide you with FREE Roadside Assistance and Breakdown Servicewhich includes repair on the spot following mechanical or electrical breakdown, battery boost and flat tyre assistance, towing of motor vehicle following a breakdown or accident, second delivery service, fuel delivery and locksmith service. This service is provided in all Europe.
Depending on the level of cover purchased, the policy is/can be extended to include:
|Extensions to Cover||Comprehensive||Third Party Fire & Theft||Third Party Only|
|Breakage of Glass||Included||Included||Included|
|Use by the Motor, Hotel or Restaurant Trade||Included||Included||Included|
|Legal Assistance for Uninsured Losses||Included||Included||Not Included|
|Personal Belongings||Included||Included||Not Included|
|Emergency Overnight Accommodation outside of Malta||Included||Included||Not Included|
|Entertainment Equipment||Included||Included||Not Included|
|Lost Keys and Locks||Included||Included||Not Included|
|Courtesy Vehicle (Private Vehicles Only)||Included||Not Included||Not Included|
|30 days Own Damage cover anywhere within the EEA and Switzerland||Included||Included||Not Included|
Payment for loss or damage under the above extensions will not affect your entitlement to No Claims Discount.
|Optional Extensions||Comprehensive||Third Party Fire & Theft||Third Party Only|
|Protection of your No Claims Discount (Private Vehicles Only)||Available||Available||Available|
|Earthquake Cover||Available||Not Available||Not Available|
A few cents a day can protect your greatest investment from unforeseen events. Our home policy offers a very wide level of protection against events which may severely damage your home buildings, contents or your personal effects.
The policy provides cover for:
- Accidental loss or damage to the buildings and contents of your home.
- Accidental loss or damage to personal belongings and valuables whilst anywhere in Malta.
- Your liability to others and home assistance.
- Emergency services.
The standard cover also includes:
- Temporary alternative accommodation following a loss.
- Mechanical or electrical breakdown to air-conditioning and energy saving equipment.
- Loss or damage to Christmas, wedding and graduation gifts.
- Loss or damage to locks and keys.
- Freezer contents.
- Personal money including credit and debit cards.
- Pedal cycles and sports equipment.
- Legal expenses.
Our travel policy allows you to travel with peace of mind knowing that should anything go wrong, you have the best level of protection.
The product is designed to cater for standard travelling needs whether you are travelling for business, pleasure or otherwise.
The travel policy includes worldwide travel assistance on a 24/7 basis from our call-centre in Malta.
|Section Limits per person||Low Cost Euro||Economy Euro||Club Euro||Excess Euro per person|
|1B||Trip Cancellation due to adverse weather||1,000||2,000||3,000||50|
|2Bb||Treatment in Malta||750||1,000||1,250||Nil|
|4B||Baggage – Limit Per Item||300||750||1,000||—|
|4B||Baggage – Limit for valuables||600||1,000||1,000||—|
|4E||Rental Vehicle Policy Excess||300||400||500||Nil|
|6||Personal Accident – if under 16 years old||5,000||10,000||20,000||Nil|
Important Note: The European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) provides you with free or reduced-cost emergency medical treatment in countries within the European Economic Area (EEA). Keep the EHIC card safe, preferably with your passport, and carry it with you when travelling within the EEA. For more information and/or to obtain the card please visit http://www.sahha.gov.mt and look for the section about EHIC.